- Tutorials and videos: KnittingHelp
- Provisional Cast On (with crochet hook): VIDEO
- Provisional Cast On: VIDEO
- Removing the Provisional Cast On: VIDEO
- I-cord Cast On: CO 3 sts. Slip the 3 stitches from right to left needle. Pull yarn across back of work. *kfb, k2, slip 3 stitches from right to left needle. Pull yarn across back of work*. Repeat from * to * until you have cast on the requisite number of stitches plus 2. k2 tog, k1. Slip 2 stitches from right to left needle. k2 tog.
- Moebius Cast On: VIDEO
- I-cord Bind Off (appl I-cord): CO 3 sts using cable cast on. *Knit 2, k2tog tbl. Slip 3 stitches from right needle back to left needle. Pull the working yarn across the back *. Repeat from * to *. When you are left with the final 3 sts, finish by k1, k2tog tbl, sl2 sts to left hand needle, k2tog. Takes a while, but looks lovely.
- Bind Off - last stitch: tightening up last loose loop: BO until 1 st remains on left needle; slip st to right needle (there will be 2 sts on right needle!); with left needle pick up the left loop of the st one row below the slipped st; return the slipped st to left needle and knit the picked-up loop and the slipped st together. BO last st on right needle and pull yarn through last st.
- Mattress Stitch Seaming: VIDEO
- Needle sizes and Convertions:
- Crochet Hooks sizes and Convertions:
CENTIMETERS = inches x 2.54
YARDS = meters x 1.094
METERS = yards x 0.9144