Pattern: Terra Shawl
NEEDLE: US 10 / 6 mm
YARN: Malabrigo Merino Worsted (Azul Profundo) - 210 yds
- This shawl is knitted topdown (starts at center back and works down to the bottom edge)
- When doing the Provisional Cast-On make sure a long tail is left for grafting the 12 stitches later on.
- GARTER RIDGE PATTERN should be repeated 10 times. (total of stitches = 224)
- After finishing Garter Ridge Pattern (or even before) go back to provisional cast-on and graft the stitches (using Kitchener Stitch), this way when you finish Chart B you’re done!!!
- The 3 knit stitches edge on each side will become the hypotenuse (top) of the triangle and is done throughout the whole pattern (Garter Ridge, Chart A and Chart B).
- The center stitch marker is the bottom tip of the shawl!
|(click to enlarge)|
|(Chart A - 4 repeats)|
- Elastic Bind-Off: k1, *k1, slip 2 sts back to left needle and k2tog tbl*.
- K2tog tbl, slip stitch back to left needle.
(k2tog tbl = knit 2 together through the back loops).
- BO with a needle 2 sizes larger.